PGA TOUR & Ellie Mae Classic
Since 2009, TPC Stonebrae and the PGA Tour have held a strong partnership including being apart of the TPC Network, hosting Professional Tournaments and Players, being a regular stop on the Web.com Tour, supporting charitable efforts and much more.
Web.com Tour Host- Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae
TPC Stonebrae has played host to the Web.com Tour in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Past winners and participants of the Ellie Mae Classic include Kevin Chappell, Tony Finau, Adam Scott, Stephan Jaeger, Billy Horschel, Si-Woo Kim, Jerry Rice, Jamie Lovemark and many more. The Tournament was most recently known as the Stonbrae Classic until the beginning of 2016 when Ellie Mae Inc. came on board as the Title Sponsor for a 4 year partnership and the Tournament is now known as the Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae.
Historic Results at the 2016 Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae
At the 2016 Ellie Mae Classic at TPC Stonebrae, Stephan Jaeger broke record after record and won the Ellie Mae Classic by 7 strokes at -30 under par. In Round 1 of the Ellie Mae Classic, Stephan Jaeger shot a 58 becoming the first person to ever card a 58 in a PGA Tour, Web.com Tour, Champions Tour or any PGA Tour sanctioned event. Here are the historical records Stephan achieved during the 2016 Ellie Mae Classic:
- Score of 58 strokes after Round 1 – Lowest aggregate score after Round 1 in history at a PGA Tour sanctioned event.
- Score of 123 strokes after Round 2 – Lowest aggregate score after Round 2 in history at a PGA Tour sanctioned event.
- Score of 187 strokes after Round 3 – Lowest aggregate score after Round 3 in history at a PGA Tour sanctioned event.
- Final Tournament Score of 250 Strokes – Lowest 72 Hole Tournament aggregate score in history at a PGA Tour sanctioned event.
- Round 1 Score of 58 – First to ever card a score of 58 and now tied with Jim Furyk for Lowest Tournament Round in history at a PGA Tour sanctioned event.
- Round 1 Score of 58 – Lowest Tournament Round in the history of the Web.com Tour.
Part of the PGA TOUR, the TPC Network was established to provide the ultimate host venues for TOUR events – with services and amenities that met the highest standards of professional golf. Not only do the principles of excellence apply to the TOUR professionals playing our courses, they also apply to our members and guests who enjoy every aspect of our clubs. Across the country, TPC courses let golfers truly live the PGA TOUR life.
Bay Area Military Classic
TPC Stonebrae, and the owners, members and staff are proud to support the Inaugural Bay Area Military Classic June 19th 2017. Formerly known as Birdies for the Brave, this annual event boasts golf at beautiful TPC Stonebrae, home of the WEB.Com’s Ellie Mae Classic. During our tenure as a Birdies for the Brave event we raised over $250,000 which was distributed through PGA Tour Charities. We are proud to continue our partnership with Some Gave All, The Joey Graves Foundation. Their participation as a registered 501 (C), (3) ensures tax benefits for participants and sponsors at this year’s event. New in 2017, we are also Partnering with the Sentinels of Freedom. As a beneficiary of the 2017 golf fundraiser, we look forward to being a part of the good works they are doing, day in and day out for those that have been severely injured while serving our country.